|Click each link to read the full story:
- Stephanie appeared on CNN's Headline News Network in a segment about the David Letterman Scandal and office romance on October 7, 2009.
- The Examiner’s Ji Hyun Lee posted a piece called “Office Romance 101: Is it a Do or a Don’t?” that quotes Stephanie on August 18, 2009.
- Stephanie was the expert on the Georgia Public Broadcasting radio show “At Work” on August 14, 2009.
- Forbes.com published a story called “How to Have a Successful Office Romance” quoting Helaine and the book on August 11, 2009. The Forbes piece was picked up by ABC News, The National Post, Polish Forbes, the Corporate Idealist, the Financial Post, Yahoo! India News, the Ethiopian Review, MSN South Africa, MSN Singapore News, and NineMSN Australia. Perth’s WAToday (Western Australia Today) referenced the Forbes story. Clearly we are all the rage Down Under.
- The San Francisco Chronicle reprinted Victoria Lucia’s Cosmopolitan story “How to Date a Coworker” that features quotes from both of us on July 29, 2009.
- In June 2009, Women’s Health published an office romance update that quoted Helaine.
- Brazen Careerist blogger Penelope Trunk mentioned Helaine and Office Mate again in a column called “Does it Work to Mix Work and Dating?” on April 24, 2009.
- In April 2009, Glamour.com published a piece titled “The Dos and Don’ts of Office Romance: How to Keep It Professional When You Start Dating Your Coworker” with quotes from both of us.
- We were the guest bloggers on the Book Passage website the week before our reading (it turned out Helaine was unable to travel, so it ended up being Stephanie’s reading) in San Francisco on September 16, 2008.
- Margaret Blauch Klein did a Q&A with Helaine that appeared on She Knows as “Mixing Business With Pleasure” and “The Workplace Hookup: A Q&A With Helaine Olen” on the blog “Love Sex Passion Fear” on July 31, 2008.
- Brazen Careerist blogger Penelope Trunk mentioned Helaine and Office Mate again in a piece called “How to Get the Guy At Work” on April 22, 2008.
- AmericanSexuality.org ran a Q&A with us about office romance on April 21, 2008. AlterNet.org posted the piece as “Cruising the Cubicles: The Do’s and Don’ts of Office Romance” on April 29, 2008.
- Men’s Health published a story in their March, 2009 issue quoting both of us called “Tips for A Successful Interoffice Relationship”. It was published on MSN as “Office Romance Survival Skills”.
- Publisher’s Weekly published Helaine’s essay about her office romance on March 16, 2009.
- Dish Magazine reviewed Office Mate in the March issue and called it “the answer to your prayers when it comes to circumnavigating the politics and foibles of in-office dating.” Read the review here.
- The Houston Chronicle did a piece called “Office Romance is Risky Business” that featured Office Mate on March 11, 2008.
- Fortune.com’s columnist Nadira Hira did a two-part story on Office Mate on February 20 and 26. You can find Part I here and Part II here.
- ColoradoBiz Magazine published a story called “Love is in the Air—and in the Workplace” in its March issue that featured Office Mate.
- The Quebecois magazine Jobboom featured Office Mate in a story about office romance. Do you read French? Here’s your chance.
- The Telegraph of Calcutta, India, published an odd article about love in the dentist office that mentions Office Mate on February 19, 2009..
- HR Magazine did a story about love contracts featuring Office Mate in its February issue.
- Cincinnati WLW AM radio shock jock Scott Sloan interviewed Stephanie for his “I Hate Valentine’s Day” show; listen here.
- Helaine appeared on BizRadio Network’s “The Brent Clanton Morning Show,” which aired in Dallas and Houston, on Valentine’s Day.
- We ran live for several hours on AOL’s welcome screen on Valentine’s Day in an article by Shanon Lyon called “How to Keep Romantic Sparks at the Office from Burning Your Career”.
- Katherine Reynolds Lewis of Newhouse News Service wrote a story called “When You Find Your Valentine on the Job” that appeared on or about Valentine’s Day in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Monterey County Herald, and The Mobile Press-Register, the New Orleans Times-Picayune, and the Mississippi Press.
- In addition to running the Newhouse story above, the Cleveland Plain Dealer ran a list of “Tips For Dating a Co-Worker” taken directly from Office Mate on February 14, 2008.
- Michigan’s Grand Rapids Press published a story on Valentine’s Day called “Lovestruck Co-Workers Avoid Frisky Business” that mentioned Office Mate.
- Canada’s The Globe and Mail ran a story on February 13th called “Cupid’s Arrow Losing its Sting; There’s a New Attitude Towards Office Romance” that featured Office Mate. It also appeared on GlobeAdvisor.com.
- Nancy Barrick of ABC affiliate KOMO 1000 NewsRadio in Seattle interviewed Helaine about the do’s and don’ts of office romance on February 12, 2008.
- The Christian Science Monitor covered Office Mate in a February 11th story called “Office Romance? First, Sign a Contract.”
- Sheryl Silver of Newhouse News Service wrote about Office Mate for several publications in the days before Valentine’s, including the New Jersey Star-Ledger.
- Helaine was interviewed for a radio piece on CBS Marketwatch that aired on February 9, 2008.
- The Indianapolis Star ran some of our tips on February 8, 2008 in a story called “Valentine Season: Where’s the Love? At Work!”
- On February 6th Hannah Seligson wrote that with Valentine’s Day around the corner, people should cancel their online dating subscriptions. She thought we had a better idea. Read her story here.
- Copley News Service’s Amy Winter wrote a story on February 1st called “Love is in the Air...At the Office” that appeared in several publications including Bend Weekly.
- Cosmopolitan published a second article that quoted Stephanie and mentioned Office Mate called “The New Life Rules to Follow Now” in their January, 2009 issue. The section featuring Office Mate is: “Mixing Business and Pleasure is Wise.”.
- We made Mediabistro’s FishbowlNY page on January 16th for lunching at Michael’s.
- We’re in a Wikipedia entry! You’ll find us in the Incidence section of the entry here.
- Stephanie and Helaine spent an hour talking about office romance on Sunday with Peter Laufer on the Bay Area’s Green 960AM radio on January 27, 2008.
- The Winston-Salem Journal printed the New York Times article on January 24, 2008.
- Stephanie was the guest on the Sirius Radio show The Business Shrink on January 23, 2008. Click on the podcast that says “Stephanie Losee here.
- Stephanie was interviewed by business reporter Lynn Jimenez on the Bay Area’s KGO AM Radio on January 21, 2008.
- Helaine and Stephanie are both quoted and Office Mate is featured in the February issue of Marie Claire.
- Office Mate appears in the Feburary/March issue of Complete Woman; read the clip here.
- A writer for The New York Resident interviewed Helaine for this story, which appeared December 18th.
- CNN did a story about Office Mate on December 15, 2007 that featured an on-camera quote from Helaine, tips from the book, and the cover. It was shown several times over that weekend. We don’t have video for you yet, but oddly, we do have the transcript!
- Believe it or not, Office Mate was reviewed in the December issue of Indian in-flight magazine Windows and Aisles.
- Apparently Office Mate has many Spanish-speaking fans. If you’re one of them, you can find original articles about the book here, here, here, and here.
- We did a long segment on the Dan Mulhern Show on Lansing Michigan’s WJIM 1240 AM talk radio on December 18th. We were supposed to answer questions from listerners, but there was a phone failure so we talked office romance for the entire segment. Our segment begins at the end of the 5th minute. The second segment is here.
- Elle Canada’s James Grainger wrote a story for the December, 2008 issue called “The Dirt on Love at Work: Is Meeting Under the Mistletoe Worth the Grief?” that quoted us both.
- Stephanie appeared on 960AM The Quake in the Bay Area on December 15th. She was interviewed by Larry Olson for his show Click on the December 23rd show. The interview comes up around the 13th minute.
- Workforce Management magazine wrote in its December 10th issue that it was surprised to agree with the authors of Office Mate on our opinion that Red Cross head Mark Everson should not have been summarily dismissed for his love affair with a colleague.
- Bookforum.com featured our Time.com Q&A on its home page; scroll down to December 12th, 5:00pm
- Stephanie appeared on the Silicon Valley talk show “Cranky Geeks with John C. Dvorak” on December 12th. Watch the video here.
- Yahoo featured our Time.com Q&A on the front page on December 11th. Our reaction? One guess.
- Columbus, Georgia’s Ledger-Enquirer did a feature on finding love at the watercooler on December 11th; read it here. The story was picked up by ThirdAge.com.
- Check out our Q&A on Salon.com, entitled “Romance in a fluorescent-lit cubicle.”
- Office Mate is mentioned in the short interview Stephanie did for the Contributor’s Page of the January issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.
- Andrea Sachs of TIME says “these thoughtful authors make a persuasive case that it's smart for today's single co-workers to
mix” in the December 10th issue. Take a look at her review here.
- We did a Q&A for Time.com; read it here. CNN.com linked to the Q&A and it was the most- or second most-viewed story of the day—check out the link by scrolling down to “Work/Life”.
- Time’s Lisa Takeuchi Cullen wrote about our Time.com Q&A in her blog,“Work in Progress: A Daily Look at Life on the Job” on December 4th.
- We’re in the December 3rd issue of People! Check the first Books page.
- We’re quoted in a story about how to behave at your office holiday party in the Sunday edition of San Jose Mercury News on December 2nd. Read it here.
- AOL did a second slide show and feature about Office Mate in November, 2008.
- We appeared on The Brian Lehrer Show on WNYC Radio—New York’s NPR station—November 30th. Interesting callers; interesting comments on the web site as well. Listen here.
- Nadira Hira quoted us in a story about office holiday parties in her blog on Fortune.com on November 30th.
- We talked about how to handle the office holiday party for a segment on ABC News Now on November 29th. Watch the video here.
- We talked with Dagen McDowell about office romance on Fox Business News on November 29th—take a look here.
- Miami Herald writer Cindy Krischer Goodman posted our list of office Christmas party tips on the Herald’s web site on November 28th. Read the post here.
- We wrote a story for The Huffington Post on November 28th about the firing of Red Cross head Mark Everson, called “For Love or Pink Slips: Why On-the-Job Nookie with the Boss is a No-No.”
- “Girl w/Pen” blogged about our November 28th Manhattan book party here.
- Spain’s El Mundo did a 2,100-word piece about Office Mate and workplace romance in its Sunday edition on November 18th; link to come.
- Helaine was interviewed by Metro. You now have permission to hook up with your office crush! See the article here.
- Our cover story about office mating in the Bay Area in the November 11, 2007 issue of the San Francisco Chronicle Magazine has generated some interesting mail -- check it out here.
- Dr. Helen says we're “definitely worth a read if you want some excellent tips on how to woo an office mate.” Check out the November 27, 2007 review on her blog here. And Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit.com gave us a link to the Dr. Helen site -- thanks Glenn!
- Helaine appeared on “AirTalk With Larry Mantle” on Los Angeles Public Radio station KPCC on November 26th; listen here.
- We were interviewed by Dan Hurst and Darcie Blake on the KUDL Kansas City Morning Show on November 15th. We also answered a listener question on “Love Court” (pronounced Luuuuuv Court; everyone who appears on the show has to demonstrate that they can say the word with the proper verve). Listen to it here.
- We've been recommended in the November 15, 2007 issue of the Library Journal, which said that we “deal honestly with the prevalence of office romances and provide helpful advice for keeping them aboveboard.”
- Columnist Lindsey Novak of the San Diego Union-Tribune advised a reader to look to Office Mate to use work to find love.
- New York Times “Shifting Careers” blogger Marci Alboher recommended Office Mate in her column on November 14, 2007. Scroll down to the Office Mate book cover!
Office Mate goes worldwide — South Africa's Daily Dispatch picked up the New York Times article on October 18th, 2007, as did Spain's El Mundo on November 25, 2007 ; we were featured in the Hindustan Times on November 3, 2007, and The Deccan Herald in Bangalore on January 2, 2008.
- The Gazette in Montreal ran a portion of the St. Petersburg Times article in today’s paper.
- We wrote a cover story about office mating in the Bay Area for the San Francisco Chronicle Magazine that came out November 11th. Scroll down to read the lively comments that follow.
- There was a favorable review in the St. Petersburg Times on November 11th as well.
- We appeared on WNBC-TV's Weekend Today in New York on November 10th, in a terrific segment that included man-and-woman-on-the-street footage and a giant screen of tips from the book behind us.WNBC-TV is NBC's flagship station. That's us on the right — click the picture to see the video.
- We were named “AOL Coaches”. AOL flashed our pages on AOL's "Welcome" screen October 24th and again on November 11th; you can view them here.
- Jim Scott of Cincinnatti’s popular WLW-AM Jim Scott Morning Show interviewed us on November 9th. As soon as we have the link we'll post it so you can listen.
- We were interviewed by Candace Bushnell of Sex and the City fame (she wrote the book, literally) on her Sirius Radio show on November 8. Yes, she was dressed gorgeously (and there isn’t even a camera on her). When we stepped out of the recording studio, who was standing there but Tim Gunn, her next guest! We decided he is the most gracious person either of us has ever met.
- Earlier the same evening, Stephanie was the guest on the Stanford University Radio show “What Would Your Mother Say?” on KZSU FM. Students and moms asked her questions about office dating. We'll post the link as soon as it's available.
- We did a live online chat with readers of the Rocky Mountain News, moderated by columnist Mark Wolf. There’s a link to the chat and to a story about the book’s release.
- Stephanie was interviewed on Radio Free Europe, which has 50 million listeners in Europe and Russia, on November 7th. Link to come.
- We appeared on ABC News Now on November 6th. ABC News Now is ABC’s 24-hour satellite station, and the live segment will appear again on ABC affiliates at different times in the upcoming days. That's us on the left — click the picture to see the video.
- Stephanie appeared on San Francisco's KGO Radio (810AM) on November 6, 2007. KGO’s morning program is the most popular in the Bay Area.The audio can be found in KGO's hourly archives. Just fast forward to 6:15am and try not to mind the pauses caused by the persistent caller who kept cutting in on the interview through call-waiting.
- Helaine and Stephanie were interviewed by BBC Radio on November 4, 2007. As soon as we have a link to the audio, we'll post it.
- The Denver Post, Business Section, November 6, 2007.
- Al Lewis wrote a blog about the upcoming column here. Scroll down to read the tender story a reader told in the Comments section.
- Lewis also talked about Office Mate with Denver’s 9News anchor Shawn Patrick. Watch the video here.
- The Reuters review has been picked up by the Calgary Herald, and The Boston Globe, the Vancouver Province, and the Ottowa Citizen.
- Office Mate was named Business Book of the Week by Reuters. You can read the review on-line here.
- The Press Democrat in Santa Rosa, CA ran the NY Times piece on Tuesday, October 30. See it here.
- Office Mate was NPR’s Morning Edition book on October 17th.
- The New York Post, @Work Section, October 15, 2007.
- The New York Times, Style Section, October 11, 2007.
- The Huffington Post, October 3, 2007.
- Crain’s New York Business, August 20, 2007 (click on
“A kind of
for the office.”
—The New York Times, 10/11/07
— CBS's The Early Show, 2/22/2010
— CNN Headline News Network, 10/7/2009
—FOX Business News, 11/29/2007
—WNBC-TV’s Weekend Today in New York, 11/6/2007
“... a strong case for the argument that workplace romance has gone from being
a situation to avoid
to a situation to
—Marci Alboher, New York Times “Shifting Careers” blogger, 11/14/2007
“... these thoughtful authors make a persuasive case that it's smart for today's single co-workers to mix ...”
—Andrea Sachs , TIME, 11/29/2007